The holidays are so stressful! There is so much going on and the expectations we hold for each other can be back breaking. There is so much that needs to be done in the next few weeks to prepare for the big day.
Following are some suggestions to manage your energy to get through the month in a healthy and happy way:
- Write your story of how the holiday will unfold, use phrases like “stress free”, “restful”, “exhilarating”, “best holiday every.” Audibally repeat this story as you are busy preparing – it will happen the way you write it.
- Get plenty of rest – plan and delegate so that you are NOT doing “all nighters.”
- Fit in self care – don’t stop exercising becaue you’re too busy.
- Manage your food intake to minimize the amount of sugar you are eating. Too much sugar will lead to a crash. When you crash, you lose you momentum. You know the saying…..”When momma’s not happy…..”
- Don’t be afraid to say no to something. If you are overprogrammed, don’t hesitate to eliminate something, maybe this year isn’t the year for Christmas cards.
- Use essential oils to calm and balance yourself, specifically the Grounding Blend and the Calming Blend.
- Most of all, remember the reason for the season, carry that spirit through the month and beyond.